Are you a building materials producer struggling with challenges like costing and stock? Maybe you’re evaluating a migration to a cloud-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to assist improve your outdated accounting and enterprise administration systems.
Choosing a new ERP for Manufacturers may be tough. Keeping updated with the newest technologies is daunting and of course, you have to think about the distinctive needs of your enterprise as properly.
Getting the most out of your new ERP solution starts with investing time in analysis and evaluation. Apagen Solutions has been a partner for the metal and steel industry for years and we’re here that will help you too. Start with our necessities guidelines below as a useful approach to know what to search for and to make sure your selection is a superb match for your building materials manufacturing enterprise.
- Business Requirements
Not all ERP packages are created equal. Your new ERP system must be full-featured and supply all the knowledge you should run your enterprise at present and develop it into the longer term. That means the ERP software runs on a state-of-the-art technology platform and helps all main functional areas including:
- Inventory administration
- Finance management
- Production management
- Sales and CRM
- Purchasing and Order Management
- Warehouse administration
- Supply Chain Management
An ERP for Manufacturers ought to provide a unified and integrated platform for all your enterprise functions, tasks, experiences, analytics and more. You need to make sure you’ll be able to centralize your entire information, making it simpler to access, analyze, and act on.
- Industry Requirements
Manufacturers of building materials have specialised needs that generic ERP solutions can not always handle. Even if a generic system is customizable, it may be costly and time-consuming to create customized code and add third-party modules. Here are some industry-specific features it would be best to have built-in out of the box:
- View and keep prices for labour, freight, exterior companies, and surcharges
- Determine further cuts and materials required from scraps
- Integrate with Eclipse roll forming controllers
- Control product packaging and bundle/skid administration, together with Heat/Lot, bundle width, size, peak, and weight
- Tailored quoting process to assist full job submittal performance and generate specifications and drawings
- Inventory Management Requirements
Manufacturers of building materials want strong costing and stock support since that directly impacts your overall prices and bottom line. Therefore, this can be an essential useful space that your chosen ERP requirements to meet. You ought to search for these features:
- Track stock utilizing combos of dimensional and bodily attributes
- Link blueprint data, together with flooring and section, to enhance quote and order strains
- Support for an MES (Manufacturing Execution System) to document actual manufacturing, scrap, shears, and break weights
- Operational Requirements
Will the brand new ERP software make your operations more efficient? You need a system that’s intuitive, simple to use and makes tasks faster and more correct. Here are some examples:
- Support for correct sales quoting and order entry
- Support for a number of outside processing operations
- Includes a shipping dispatch board so as to construct, monitor, and keep loads
- Customer specifications similar to packing, loading and tolerances tracked with every order
- Future-Proof Requirements
It takes effort and expense to improve your system and the last thing you need is to decide on an ERP that can turn out to be outdated anytime soon. To ensure you select an ERP you won’t outgrow, select a longtime platform that’s effectively supported and closely invested in future improvement.
For instance, Apagen is built on Odoo ERP which has an unparalleled history and popularity for many years of steady innovation. Here are the essential characteristics to look for:
- Enhanced industry performance
- Advanced financial administration
- Supply chain administration optimizations
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Office applications
- Business intelligence
- Full assist for complicated operations together with multi-company, multi-currency, multi-lingual, and multi-warehouse
Another way to make sure you get full worth out of your ERP today and into the long run is to decide on the best service and assist companion to again you up. You will need to find a team who deeply understands not simply the software, however, the intricacies and complexities of your industry and enterprise to maximise your investment long term.
Next Step: Fulfilling Your Requirements
As you consider replacements for your accounting or legacy ERP solutions, ensure you discover the best solutions to satisfy your entire necessities. Contact us today